What kinds of parts will be used to repair my vehicle?
In Massachusetts your estimate will be prepared using both original manufactured parts and non original manufactured sheet metal parts. Non original manufactured sheet metal parts are certified by CAPA (Certified Automotive Parts Association) and Liberty Mutual guarantees these sheet metal parts for as long as you own your car. The Liberty Mutual appraiser can answer any additional questions you may have about the specific parts that have been included on the appraisal.
What is Liberty Mutual’s Superior Service Program (SSP)?You are always free to select the repair facility of your choice to repair your vehicle. You will receive a list of all registered repair shops in your county. For your convenience, you can have your car repaired at one of our Superior Service Program facilities. Your claims representative can provide you with information about the closest SSP facility. Each is dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality repairs and services by offering:
* A professional staff member who will walk you through the collision repair process
* An appointment for a Liberty Mutual licensed appraiser to complete an appraisal and provide you with a copy.
* Liberty Mutual’s Limited Lifetime Warranty on the repairs for as long as you own the vehicle
* To accept direct payment for the repairs from Liberty Mutual
* A staff of certified mechanics
* To clean your vehicle when the repairs are complete
Now that I have had an accident, will my insurance premium increase?
Please contact your sales representative.
Getting your vehicle appraised and repaired
We will work with your schedule to appraise your vehicle at a convenient time. If your car is drivable we can appraise it at one of our convenient drive in locations, SSP shops or any shop of your choice.
What is the difference between Collision and Comprehensive coverage for my automobile?
Collision insurance laws may vary by state, but generally, this insurance covers a loss to the insured's vehicle caused by its impact with another vehicle or object.
Comprehensive insurance laws may vary by state, but generally, this insurance protects against any loss or damage to an automobile except those caused by collision or by upset; for example, glass replacement, towing and labor coverage, or coverage against fire or theft.
Total Loss Vehicles
The amount of a claim that the policyholder has agreed to pay. This amount is deducted from your claim payment. The Massachusetts Auto policy provides for a deductible that applies to all claims. However, if you purchase the Waiver of Deductible endorsement, it allows your deductible to be waived under certain specific situations and conditions.
2. Your auto was struck in the rear by another auto moving in the same directions and owned by an identified person.
3. The operator of the other vehicle was convicted of any of the following violations:
b. Driving the wrong way on a one-way street
c. Operating at an excessive speed
d. Any similar violation of any similar law of another state in which the accident occurs.
* However, we will not pay if the operator of the auto covered under this Part was also convicted of one of the violations.
What should I do if my repair shop finds additional damage not shown on my estimate?
The first appraisal done on your vehicle is for visible damage only. It is common for additional damage to be found once the repair facility begins the repairs. If your repair facility finds other damage they should contact Liberty Mutual for a supplemental appraisal. Do not authorize any additional repairs. Liberty Mutual will write a supplemental estimate and issue an additional check.
What happens if my car cannot be repaired and is declared a total loss?
If your vehicle is not repairable, a total loss specialist will promptly determine its fair market value. You will be paid this amount minus any applicable deductible amount on your policy.
* We will provide an unlimited number of days for rental coverage for as long as it takes to repair your vehicle, when you choose to have your car repaired at one of our Superior Service Program (SSP)* facilities and contact us to arrange for your substitute vehicle. However, purchased daily dollar limits and car rental agency restrictions still apply.
Total Loss Vehicles
* Your claims representative will provide a full explanation of the coverage available and any limitations that apply.
Do I need additional insurance for my rental car?
While you are driving a rental car, you are afforded the same collision, comprehensive, liability coverage, and deductible amounts that you have on the vehicle for which the rental car is substituting. Your rental car company may offer at an additional cost to you, "CDW – Collision Damage Waiver" (CDW) coverage, which is designed to pay all or a portion of your insurance deductible should you have a loss with the rental car. If you are comfortable with the potential of paying your deductible should you have a loss with the rental car then you may opt not to purchase this additional CDW coverage. If the rental company has any questions, we will gladly provide them with answers for you.
What will happen if additional payments are made on this claim?
If additional payments are necessary for this claim, you will receive an email from us describing this new activity. The email will include the same level of detail as the other payment update emails you have received on this claim.
What should I do if I have a future problem with the repairs made to my vehicle?If you are having a problem with the repairs, you should contact the repair facility that completed the work and discuss the issue. If the repairs were completed at a Superior Service Shop or a Liberty Mutual Referral Shop facility and you need some additional assistance, you can also contact a Liberty Mutual representative by e-mail or phone.
How do I make changes to my auto policy (coverage limits, deductible amounts, rental coverage, etc.)?It is important to review your policies at various times to ensure that you have the proper coverage for yourself, your auto and your home. Please contact your Sales Representative or Agent/Broker to review your current coverage and deductible options and how any changes will affect your policy premium.
What is the warranty for repairs completed by a SSP (Superior Service Program) facility or referral shop?Liberty Mutual holds our SSP shops to the highest standards. Each facility is dedicated to providing the highest-quality repairs and services. In fact, we are so confident of their quality that we offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the repairs for as long as you own the vehicle.
Terms and Exclusions
2. Liberty Mutual will either repair or replace any defective work of the Superior Service Shop Facility.
3. Salvage mechanical parts specified in Liberty Mutual's appraisal that are used in the repair are covered from one year from the date your vehicle is returned to you or 12,000 miles, which ever occurs first.
4. No other terms or conditions apply to this warranty.
How long does this process take?
Recovery time can vary due to many different factors in the process. Many claims involve another insured party and, if their carrier agrees with the accident facts, the recovery time typically takes between 45-60 days. Please keep in mind that the other party's insurance carrier will want to conduct their own investigation of the facts before they will discuss the liability of their insured.
2. If the other party is uninsured or an insurance company which is not a member of inter-company arbitration, Liberty Mutual may consider pursuing the claim in court. The decision will be based on the value of the claim and potential outcome of litigation. Pursing the claim in court may affect your deductible recovery due to attorney fees and expenses, and may add several weeks or months to the recovery process.
3. In situations where Liberty Mutual will not pursue litigation, or in cases where litigation has resulted in a judgment in our favor and the other party still has not paid, we may refer the claim to a collection company to pursue the recovery process on our behalf.
When will my deductible be reimbursed?We will reimburse you for the amount of your deductible owed upon a verbal agreement with the other insurance carrier or at the time we receive an arbitrated resolution for the other insurance carrier to pay. Otherwise, payment will be made to you at the time the funds are actually received by Liberty Mutual from the responsible party.
Will I be reimbursed for my Out of Pocket Expenses?
Liberty Mutual only has the right to recover money paid on your behalf for those losses/expenses that are actually covered by your policy. If you have incurred additional expenses which were not covered by your policy, you have the right to seek legal remedy against any party you believe to be responsible for your loss, but Liberty Mutual has no right to pursue those expenses on your behalf.
You will receive updates on the status your claim within 30 days of this email. We will also advise you periodically on the status of your claim. These updates will be via U.S. mail or telephone.
Is there anything I can do to help in the Recovery process?
Your full cooperation is needed throughout the Recovery process to achieve a prompt and efficient reimbursement on your claim. If you receive any information from the other party or their insurance company, please notify Liberty Mutual.
What does total loss mean?
A vehicle is considered to be a total loss when the cost to repair the damage meets or exceeds the actual cash value of the vehicle. In making a total loss determination, we may also need to consider state-mandated total loss thresholds, manufacturer guidelines, or safety concerns when making the final determination.
What is actual cash value?
The actual cash value, or ACV, represents the selling price of the insured vehicle in the current marketplace (including both dealerships and private owners) if the purchaser was paying with cash under normal negotiations involved in buying a vehicle.
Why was recovery unsuccessful?
Unfortunately, the recovery process was unsuccessful due to one of the following reasons:
If I chose to pursue my deductible on my own can Liberty Mutual provide any assistance?
We will be happy to provide you a copy of the police report, your vehicles damage photos, and repair appraisals when these documents are available. Please contact us if you would like to receive these documents.
|© 2005 Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. All Rights Reserved.|